MASSAGE THERAPIST LUTON
Massage therapist Luton may be a wonderful choice if your muscles might have been sore or just not been relaxed enough, or maybe there’s a lot of tension in your life right now. Whatever the reason, think twice next time before allowing yourself to get less rest than you really need.
Our massage therapist services have numerous benefits for your health!
Massaging has been practiced for thousands of years. Today, if you need or want a massage, you can choose from over 80 massage therapy styles with a wide variety of pressures, movements, and techniques. These all involve pressing, rubbing, or manipulating muscles and other soft tissues with hands and fingers. Sometimes, even the forearms, elbows, or feet are used.
More and more people recognize the health benefits of massage. They have the ability to choose from a wide variety of massage styles to relieve their symptoms, heal their injuries and certain health conditions, and promote their overall wellness.
Here is some information you can use to help you decide what types of massage will work best for you.
Which Massage Styles Are Best?
Styles used in massage therapy range from long, smooth strokes to short, percussive strokes. Some massage therapists use oils and lotions; others do not. Most massage therapists have clients unclothe for a massage, but some do not. A massage can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours.
Before you can decide which massage style is best for you, you need to ask yourself a question:
Do you simply want a massage for relaxation and stress control?
Or do you need symptom relief or help with a certain health condition?
Before booking a massage, let the therapist know what you’re looking for and ask which style the therapist uses. Many of them use more than one style. In some cases, the therapist may customize your massage, depending on your age, condition, or any special needs or goals you have.
Here is a list of some of the more popular massage therapy styles. The first four are especially popular.
The most common type of massage is the Swedish massage therapy. It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on the topmost layers of muscles. This is also combined with the movement of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing. Also, it may even help after an injury.
The four common strokes of Swedish massage are:
- Effleurage: a smooth, gliding stroke used to relax soft tissue;
- Petrissage: the squeezing, rolling, or kneading that follows effleurage;
- Friction: deep, circular movements that cause layers of tissue to rub against each other, helping to increase blood flow and break down scar tissue;
- Tapotement: a short, alternating tap done with cupped hands, fingers, or the edge of the hand.
Neuromuscular Therapy Massage
Neuromuscular therapy is a form of soft tissue manipulation that aims to treat underlying causes of chronic pain involving the muscular and nervous systems. This medically-oriented form of massage addresses trigger points (tender muscles points), circulation, nerve compression, postural issues, and biomechanical problems that can be caused by repetitive movement injuries.
Deep Tissue Massage – Massage therapist Luton
Deep tissue massage is best for giving attention to certain painful, stiff “trouble spots” in your body. The massage therapist uses slow, deliberate strokes that focus pressure on layers of muscles, tendons, or other tissues deep under your skin. Though less rhythmic than other types of massage, deep tissue massage can be quite therapeutic — relieving chronic patterns of tension and helping with muscle injuries, such as back sprain.
Breastfeeding is the best!
Yes, breastmilk is the best food for your baby. It’s the healthiest way to feed him.
These are some of the reasons why:
IBCLC’s are the gold standard for providing evidence-based lactation support for you and your baby and are especially important if you are having significant problems with milk supply or have a baby that is preterm or has medical challenges.
You may want to see an IBCLC if you are experiencing:
- your breast milk is perfectly designed for your baby;
- breast milk protects your baby from infections and diseases;
- breastfeeding provides health benefits for you;
- breast milk is available for your baby whenever your baby needs it;
- breastfeeding can build a strong emotional bond between you and your baby.
Formula milk doesn’t provide the same protection from illness and doesn’t give you any health benefits.
Breastmilk is a complete food. It contains at least 400 nutrients, as well as hormones and disease-fighting compounds, that aren’t present in formula milk. Its nutritional makeup even adjusts to your baby’s needs as they
Feeding your baby only breastmilk for up to six months (exclusive breastfeeding) is particularly good for her. It can improve your baby’s cognitive development. So being breastfed could even make her more intelligent.
Babies who are exclusively breastfed from birth are also much less likely to be ill in their first year of life. Being breastfed may help your baby to fend off illnesses such as:
- pneumonia and bronchiolitis;
- ear infections.
We can’t say that exclusive breastfeeding reduces the risk of children ever developing eczema. But babies who are breastfed for any period of time do tend to have lower rates of severe eczema than babies who were always formula-fed. It’s also possible that breastfeeding delays when your child first develops eczema.
Breastfeeding helps to build a special bond between you and your baby. And in the long-term, breastfeeding may help your baby to stay healthy. Studies have shown that adults who were breastfed as
- had lower blood pressure;
- had lower cholesterol levels;
- were less likely to become obese;
- were less likely to develop type 2 diabetes.
Developed to help with muscle systems used for a particular sport, sports massage uses a variety of approaches to help athletes in training — before, during, or after sports events. You might use it to promote flexibility and help prevent injuries. Or, it may help muscle strains, aiding healing after a sports injury.
Have you ever gone to a county fair, music festival, or conference and envied other people getting chair massages? Have you passed by the chair massage section in an airport? Or, maybe you’re lucky enough to work at a company that offers 15- to 20-minute massages as a regular benefit. Onsite, chair massages are done while you’re seated fully clothed in a portable, specially designed chair. They usually involve a massage of your neck, shoulders, back, arms, and hands.
Hot Stone Massage
For this kind of massage, the therapist places warmed stones on certain areas of the body, such as acupressure points. The stones may be used as massage tools or be temporarily left in place. Used along with other massage techniques, hot stones can be quite soothing and relaxing as they transmit heat deep into the body.
During pregnancy, your body goes through major changes. Pregnancy massage can help with these changes by reducing stress, decreasing arm and leg swelling, and relieving muscle and joint pain. Massages may be particularly helpful during a time when medication and other medical options may be more limited. Using specially designed massage pillows, the massage therapist will help get you into a comfortable position for this type of massage.
What Are the Health Benefits of Luton Massage?
Many types of Luton massage offer various benefits beyond simple relaxation. Here are just a few of the health problems that may benefit from massage. Ask your doctor before using massage for any health condition, though.
pain .More than one study has shown the effectiveness of massage therapy for back pain. In fact, one 2003 study showed it worked better than acupuncture or spinal modification for persistent low back pain — reducing the need for painkillers by 36%. Headache .Another type of pain — headache — also responds to massage therapy, as shown by more than one study. Massage therapy can reduce the number of migraines a person has and also improve sleep. Osteoarthritis .In the first clinical trial looking at the effectiveness of Swedish massage for knee osteoarthritis, participants who received a one-hour massage either one or two times a week had improvements in pain, stiffness, and function. The control group had no such change.
- Cancer. Used as a complement to traditional, Western medicine, massage can promote relaxation and reduce cancer symptoms or side effects of treatment. It may help reduce pain, swelling, fatigue, nausea, or depression, for example, or improve the function of your immune system.
- Anxiety. A review of more than 12 studies shows that massage helps relieve depression and anxiety. It lowered levels of cortisol by up to 50%. Also, massage increases the levels of neurotransmitters that help reduce depression.
Contraindications of Massage
Massage therapy appears to have
Cautions about massage therapy include the following:
- Vigorous massage should be avoided by people with bleeding disorders, low blood platelet counts and by people taking blood-thinning medications such as Warfarin.
- Massage should not be done in any area of the body with blood clots, fractures, open or healing wounds, skin infections, weakened bones (such as from osteoporosis or cancer) or where there has been a recent surgery.
- Although massage therapy appears to be generally safe for cancer patients, they should consult their oncologist before having a massage that involves deep or intense pressure. Any direct pressure over a tumor usually is discouraged. Cancer patients should discuss any concerns about massage therapy with their oncologist.
- Pregnant women should consult their health care provider before using massage therapy.
Massage therapy is not a substitute for a medical examination or diagnosis. If you are dealing with a serious health condition check with your health care provider before seeking massage therapy and make sure you inform your massage practitioner of any health conditions that may affect the work.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.